McDermott GS05 Billiard Pool Cue
Emerald Green-stained Birds-eye Maple forearm and butt with black & green genuine double-pressed Irish linen wrap and traditional Hard Rock Maple shaft.
The McDermott Advantage - Performance, Quality, Craftsmanship
Since 1975, McDermott Handcrafted Cues has made raising the bar of what billiard players expect from a high quality cue mission number one. Drawing on the latest technology and a state-of-the-art facility located in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, McDermott has consistently worked to deliver high-quality timeless designs to players of all levels.
Over 150 separate operations are used to build each McDermott cue. After the original design is developed, a CAD programmer uses CAM software to translate the design into machining language. The design is then sent to a sophisticated milling machine so sensitive it can hold tolerances to within one thousandth of an inch, even on the most unique and highly detailed designs.
Experienced finish artisans hand-apply stain coloration by hand, one cue at a time. McDermott inlays are precision milled from a variety of exotic woods, precious metals, pearls, ivory and specialty composites. Each inlay and ring is inset by hand to ensure a perfect fit. Each cue is finished with a moisture-barrier to prevent warpage and give the trademark McDermott high-gloss finish.
Mc Dermott Quality Features
- All McDermott shafts are made from the finest kiln-dried hand-selected North American Hard Rock Maple and are turned 11 times. Each shaft is machined, bored and CNC-thread cut for consistency.
- McDermott hand selects only the finest woods from around the globe and ages it for 18 to 24 months, storing and machining each piece three times to let moisture escape.
- The tri-core butt construction McDermott utilizes promotes straightness over the cue’s lifetime.
- McDermott’s 3/8 x 10 wood-to-wood joints provide consistent surface contact and a solid hit.
- McDermott also uses an exclusive Impact Control Ring, which is made from a polymer matrix composite originally developed by NASA.
- McDermott cues feature chrome tanned water buffalo medium hard triangle tips and hand-glued and screwed fine weave linen-based Ivorine III ferrules.
McDermott Cues and performance shafts are proudly made in the U.S.A. and include a lifetime material and workmanship warranty, including warpage.
Wood: Birds-eye Maple
Joint: 3/8" x 10 with Impact Control Ring
Joint Rings: None
Weight: Standardized weighting system 18oz-21oz available
Butt Construction: Tri-core butt construction for straightness
Butt Cap: Black with etched McDermott logo